Marine Service Manager
- Date Posted: 2017-05-04
- Company: Oasis Marinas
- Location: Chestertown, MD
- Job Type: Full Time
Oasis Marinas is pursuing a Marine Service Manager for our Chestertown location. Oasis Marinas is one of the fastest growing marina management companies in the Mid-Atlantic region. We are seeking motivated applicants who want to join a team that is growing exponentially and desire to be part of a fast growth company.
Marine Service Manager Position Description
Plan, coordinate and direct seasonal and transient repairs and maintenance on customer boats. Ensure that all work is performed to owner’s expectations and customers goals are accomplished within prescribed timeframe with support of supervisors and department managers.
Marine Service Manager Essential Functions:
- Arrange inspection of customer’s boat upon arrival and complete report as to overall condition. Prepare estimate of work required and review with customer. Complete all necessary paperwork including Condition Report and Estimate Work Order. Obtain customer approval of Work Order, and if necessary deposits, prior to commencement of work.
- Determine if additional upgrades and equipment may be advisable and provide pricing information for customer.
- Assess progress of work being performed on customer’s boats. Provide customer regular updates of all work being performed. Obtain approval and have customer sign-off all growth work prior to having work performed.
- Maintain and track for billing an appropriate parts inventory.
- Tracking time associated with each employee and/or project. Coordinate billing with office support staff. Review all invoices for final invoicing.
- Interface with customers, trades people, and department heads to ensure work being performed is according to customer specifications and timelines.
- Schedule and perform inspections of boat during storage and working timelines.
- Determine delivery date of boat to owner and ensure delivery date is feasible. Ensure all invoices are paid prior to scheduling delivery of boat.
- Schedules final walk through on boat to ensure work was performed and cleaned.
- Explore all leads and customer inquiries that may lead to additional service work for any of the associated companies.
- Coordinates and completes warranty issues with Warranty Managers, including providing feedback to Warranty Managers to eliminate future problems. Return parts to Warranty Managers expeditiously to bring closure to outstanding work order.
- Oversee and manage all service personnel, to include; scheduling, time management, reporting, attaining/renewing certifications, employee reviews, and adhering to safety protocols and company policies.
- Coordinate with sub-contractors to perform work outside marina’s scope, or overflow, including scheduling, insurance, quality control, billing and payment.
- Manage and ensure that the lifecycle maintenance program for all service equipment and heavy machinery is established, completed, and tracked.
- Responsible for execution of the tool inventory management program.
Marine Service Manager Skills Required and Qualifications:
Valid Driver’s License: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred or 2-3 Years Maritime Service or Auto Service Experience
Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
The Oasis Marinas offers Excellent Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision, Short/Long Term Disability
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Chestertown, MD