- Date Posted: 2017-10-30
- Company: The Hinckley Company
- Location: Oxford, MD
- Job Type: Full Time
The Hinckley Company is a world-renowned builder of premium jetboats and sailing craft from 29 to 70 feet in length Maine and Rhode Island, and operates service yards along the U.S. East Coast.
We are seeking experienced painters to perform intermediate preparation, paint and varnish techniques in the fabrication and repair of boats and boat parts, both interior and exterior. Must have experience applying finish coats to appropriate thickness, Gelcoat and Awlgrip products. Must be able to meet schedule and budget and charge out parts and materials. Work is performed with minimal supervision of the team leader or manager.
1. Prepares wood, metal, fiberglass or other surfaces for painting and varnishing.
2. Tape or otherwise protect surrounding surfaces such as decks, hardware, windows during work process.
3. Full knowledge of the requirements for varnish prepping and sealing and the products utilized.
4. Cleans, sands, and smooth surfaces, using appropriate tools, such as scrapers, sandpaper, steel wool, or chemicals.
5. May perform small repairs to surfaces to be painted using appropriate materials and tools.
6. Applies coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel or lacquer, as appropriate, to decorate and protect interior and exterior surfaces, trimmings and fixtures of boats.
7. Cleans brushes and work area, using solvent or soap and water.
8. Sets up and dismantles staging following OSHA staging guidelines.
9. Interacts with customers and has ability to assist and respond to customer questions as they relate to paint and varnish applications.
10. Able to work cooperatively with other department personnel.
11. Follow defined instructions and procedures in performance of tasks.
12. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain safe, clean work area.